an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.
Everyone has at least one. If you don’t, you have a fear of admitting, and you should see someone about that. haha. I asked a few family members to help me out with this. To those, Thank You. Ready? Here we go!
1. Meagan – age 20 Fear of the Dark = Achluphobia this can also be Coulrophobia = Fear of Clowns
I believe this. Who hasn’t been afraid of the dark at one time in their life? Or clowns? I hate those things! She has had a ghost spirit or two that have follow her around. Most of them have been friendly.
2. Shawn – age mid-life Fear of Dancing or Not Having Rhythm = Arythmophobia
I can’t relate to this one. I know I can’t dance, but usually when I am dancing I have my close friend Mr. Vodka there to help me out. Maybe Shawn needs to take lessons from the Honey Badger….he don’t give a shit. 🙂
3. Kelly – two years older than mid-life Fear of Church = Ecclesiophobia
When asked what his #1 fear was, he replied with “Fast Sunday.” Since he’s the only honest one of the bunch, maybe we should officially make up a word for this phobia. For those who don’t know what Fast Sunday is, it is when you fast the evening meal Saturday night, continue fasting on Sunday morning, then AFTER church you get to break the fast with a meal. I think we will call this nohungryphobia. Don’t question me. It works.
4. Chantel – 5 years older than I Fear of Large Waves = Kymophobia
Holy Smokes! How could you not be afraid of this? Especially since she lives on the ocean! You can see the ocean from her front door. She is so kind to post those ocean pictures, that I love…however, living in the desert sometime I wish I could live closer to water. Then again….I’m good here.
5. Elle – age 10 Fear of Snakes = Ophidiophobia
Okay, okay. We may have a winner! When I was little..probably four years old, we lived in Missouri. While we lived there, I remember a snake coming down some kind of drain into the basement. At four years old, that son of a bitch seemed H U G E. My mom got a decorative extra large knife off the wall and chopped that snake. I’m not really sure how big it actually was, but for story sakes…we will say 20 feet long.
6. Brandon – age in his 20’s Fear of Going Blind or Blindness = Scotomaphobia
This is pretty legit! When you get that random question..”would you rather be blind or deaf?” I always stop and think. Ummmm, neither…but if I had to choose, I would go with deaf. (Actually, more so now that I’ve been married for 12+ years.)
7. Steve – 10 years older than I Fear of Bulls = Taurophobia
I can neither confirm or deny this….. However, when we were kids growing up, my Dad had the biggest, baddest, red bull named Abraham. He looked mean to be, but I think it was all in the nose ring Abraham had. Steve was a star hand in helping my Dad on the farm…so you put 2 + 2 together. haha.
8. Angel – 10 years younger than Steve, 5 years younger than Chantel, much younger than Shawn and Kelly, Mom to Elle and Meagan, slightly older than Brandon Fear of Insanity = Agateophobia
Can you blame me? Look at these two crazies? Enough said!
Some others that were sent to me were:
Fear of Dams
Fear of Not Having Kids
Fear of Germs
Fear of the Government
What is your #1 fear? Don’t be scared….tell me in the comments!